The origin of Schmidt BioMedTech Sdn Bhd and its activities dates back to the year 1955, when the company was established as a branch office of Schmidt & Co (Malaya) Ltd. with its headquarters in Singapore. In 1969, Schmidt & Co (Malaya) Ltd. was acquired by Schmidt & Co. (Hong Kong) Ltd and in 1974 the Malaysian operation was reincorporated as a direct subsidiary of Schmidt & Co. (Hong Kong) Ltd and renamed Schmidt Scientific Sdn. Bhd.
Since its early beginnings the company has always placed a special emphasis on the distribution of medical and scientific equipment and pharmaceutical specialities to an ever-growing and demanding range of customers.
Schmidt BioMedTech Sdn Bhd covers with its activities the whole of Malaysia, including East Malaysia with its states of Sabah and Sarawak.